To Donate or Sponsor
Group Ticket Sales (15 or more)
The origin of the name “Strathmore” comes from the main road that runs through Garrett Park, adjacent to the land on which the Mansion and Music Center were built. According to Wikipedia, the road names in Garrett Park were chosen by founder Henry W. Copp in 1886, who intended to build a suburban development reminiscent of an English village. Copp even went so far as to name the streets after locations in the novels of the English author Walter Scott, such as Kenilworth and Strathmore.